Re: LDLite Download Page Online!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 22:10:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Paul Gyugyi writes:
Here are some steps to get it working.  Be advised that MSIE might use
a temporary directory or file name which breaks version 1.6.

Now whenever MSIE encounters a file that the Web Site tells it is of
type application/x-ldraw, it will open ldlite. If you have a web
site, you need to tell your server that .dat files are associtated
with application/x-ldraw for this to work for visitors.

Yeah, I did all those steps and LDLite launches now.  But yeah, IE is too
smart (dumb...) for this.  I even tried moving the temporary internet files
folder to one without spaces (you can move it in options), but it moved it to
my folder and then put Temporary Internet Files/ underneath it!!  So...how
soon can a fix be out for that bug in LDLite?  I doubt there is a way around
microshaft's stupidity.

-Tim