  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

Tim: [ About instructions from non-Lugnuts. ] I wouldn't let non-Lugnuts post to Lugnet through ldraw.org. We should rather let them upload to ldraw.org, and let the OMR editors post the instructions to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets if they qualify. To (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

(...) I have to wonder about that assertion in a really skeptical way. In either case, assuming the filesystem and the database aren't poorly written, the amount of RAM in the server is really the gating factor. If you have 50 MB of static files and (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

(...) Yes. That AND the sort of data you are fetching. In certain cases, a DB engine that has cached the results of queries, coupled with a requesting program that can use the results straightaway, can be faster than a raw filesystem, even if the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: OMR Planning - Almost There

(...) (rereading what I wrote) Uh, durrr, that came out as hogwash, didn't it. I meant, if the pages that are created dynamically happen to come out the same as though they had been served statically (IOW, if it's static content generated (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)