Re: Getting Started LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2010-03 Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2011 22:11:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Martin James wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
Orion and Tim are correct. Conversion should be done via LDView. As long as
there is no user friendly interface with L3PAO buggy as it is today:

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=17680&t=i&v=a

I'm not going to include L3P.

w.

OK, I'm going to have to work around this for a while. My problem is that I
support a large community of users, with a package that uses LDraw to construct
3D data charts as an add-on to Microsoft Excel. Built into the nmacro code is
the full conversion suite that converts and renders the data as a POVRay image.
This means I need an LDraw to POVRay converter that can be called as a
parameterized program service, not something run though a user interface.

I guess when I get time I'm going to have to work out a way to do this via
LDView. As a first step, does anybody know if the LDView conversion can be
invoked as a command-line request or through a program call?

--
Martin James

I have just looked into the documentation of LDView and it seems that snapshots
can be taken by batch but not export.

cu
mikeheide