Re: Getting Started LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2010-03 Update Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:02:14 GMT

I have a comment and a question, if I may:

I started up the new AIOI, just to see what it looked like, though I killed it before it started to create anything. I noticed it now goes through a lengthy search for a previous installation. However, it only appears to search the C: drive. It failed to find my current installation, which is on D:.

The question relates to the contents of the package. As I said, I didn’t let the installation go ahead and do anything, so this is only based on the documentation -- there may be more hiding inside the package than is obvious. But the new package doesn’t appear to contain L3P (nor L3PAO). That being so, how would a new user get to use the LGEO Parts Library, which is included? (Or, indeed, how would a new user create input for POVRay?)

-- Martin James