  MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

The new minimum-entries rule has inspired me to enter the LDraw.org Model of the Month contest. I have a few questions: 1. Should entries that use unofficial parts (real LEGO parts that are not yet LDraw certified) include those parts in the MPD (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) ... (...) I'm not a contest admin, but I would like to point out that LDView is currently used to render the MOTM/POTM contest entries. So from a purely technical standpoint, it's unlikely that problems will be encountered with unofficial part (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

Some quick answers... (...) Excellent. Thanks. (...) You should include the unofficial parts as submodels. (...) So long as you invent it then it's yours to submit. We don't want someone to post an MPD of the alternative model shown on the back of (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) Travis is correct. I use a command line script to render the images, with LDview gracefully downloading unofficial parts from the PT. w. (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) no, not at all! (...) this is a critical point. not everyone wants give away in-depth info of his/her models fearing that people copy and sell them. w. (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) How is this different from photographers sharing high-resolution images of their work on Flickr, or developers contributing to open-source programs? I would argue that with the original material available for others to compare, it is even (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) OK. I think I will stick to the conservative naming scheme for now, just to be on the safe side. LDView's automatic part downloading is just killer. I suppose a reason to use submodels is to guard against the chance the unofficial parts are (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) OK. I will probably do this. (...) ;> to entirely custom alternate models as well? (By "alternate models" I mean (...) Right. Sounds good. (...) Ha, a good point! Sounds like LDView is used for the contest renders, so it probably wouldn't be a (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM Contest Questions and a Proposal

(...) As the person who wrote the current rules here's my reasoning behind this. The issue is not the fear of models being sold or something like that, it is simply not forcing someone to do something they don't want to do. The MOTM contest doesn't (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)