  Re: RACHAL Changeover

(...) Thanks Tim, here are the initial results of my testing: Platform ldraw/ledit MLCad DOS No problems No Problems Unix Part: Not displayed Model: Cannot open No problems Mac * No problems Part: load error Model: Load error * This is the old (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  OS dependent newline issues

(...) And in light of this I'll give some cheerleading for some formalising of the newline character in the Ldraw specs. If LDraw software has problems then that is reason enough for a formalised rule IMO. Could someone test DOS format files on the (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: OS dependent newline issues

(...) No testing necessary. I believe all versions of LDraw software all the way back to Brickdraw 3D have been able to read DOS format lines as that has been the shared format. So they have always been able to read them. In fact, I just opened a (...) (17 years ago, 1-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: OS dependent newline issues

(...) I think that's quite reasonable. (...) Indeed, most if not all of my part library files are DOS formated. They work fine with Bricksmith, L3P, lsynth, ldglite, LDView 3.2 (from source), and even Mac Brick CAD. Any serious text editor such as a (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)