    Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Travis Cobbs
   (...) OK, I got it working. Feel free to delete the file whenever you want. So, do you plan to turn gzip support on for the ldraw.org server? It would make a really big difference for unofficial part downloads. --Travis (18 years ago, 20-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Dan Boger
   (...) I'll either do that, or just start mirroring the entire ldraw library to media.peeron.com. How soon will you need this? I guess your script should work transparently either case though - gzipping shouldn't be required, just accepted. Make (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

        Re: Automatic download of unofficial parts in LDView —Travis Cobbs
   (...) Yeah, that makes sense. LDView will notify the server that it accepts gzipped content, but will work fine either way. It will just work faster when the response is gzipped. At this point, I'm not sure when the next version of LDView will be (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)