  Do we have a plan B?

guys, I was waiting to see a bounce of the on-going discussion at /admin/general about the possible shut down by october, especially after kevin has rosen the key point: (URL) really hate to ask the question and I wish from heart that it remains the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) Gah. I really don't want to think about it, but if the Steering committee wants it, it should be reasonably easy to set up an NNTP/Mail server... And I'm sure we can find some package to put a web interface on it. (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) I'd be happy just using NNTP, as long as we don't have to go with an email confirmation like we do here. That's what made me switch to almost exclusively using the web interface. ROSCO (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) Speaking for myself and not the SteerCo, I want to stick with LUGNET until the bitter end. I was dismayed when some of the other communities spun off discussion groups as I think this segregated the community further (and I hate phpBB which (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) Just for the record, I agree with every single word of this. Especially the hating phpBB part :) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) I am also speaking for myself and not the SteerCo. I too want to stick with LUGNET. I have faith that it will survive and thrive. Change can make for upheaval, but we all deal with change in our lives all the time. I think LUGNET has a lot of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) I too hope that Lugnet continues. But I see no problem looking at options. Especially if you want time to get a solution of equal comfort :) I don't think it would hurt to investigate options, and maybe even create/install discussion software (...) (19 years ago, 11-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) Hi Rosco, At Friday's Brickfest opening meeting, Suz announced that LUGNET will live, and will be administered by the gentleman that manages 1000Stein. This means that LUGNET *will* still be around, so until there are indications to the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Do we have a plan B?

(...) Whew - I did get very seriously concerned on the rumours I had heard in various quarters on this topic. I think it is worth Suz making a very public Lugnet announcement to that affect to quash all the rumours and hearsay on this subject. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)