Re: License Intent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:33:50 GMT

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 06:17:05PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
Or allowing LEGO to "import" ldraw files (even if they support
exporting to ldraw) without putting up the complete original library
for download. Is that what we want?

If LEGO (or any other creator of a proprietary LEGO CAD program) was
able to import LDraw, I would like the license to require their
software also write to LDraw.

That would be great - but are you going to ask them also to distribute
the latest copy of the library from their site?  Or on any of the media
they distribute?

Is that something we want?  The answer might be yes, but I don't think
it should be.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com