Re: License Intent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:31:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Thomas Garrison wrote:

I would observe that Linux and the GNU Project seem to have done fine,
despite frequent commercial redistribution for a charge (by Red Hat,
Mandrake, etc.).

My understanding about that was that the charge was a media charge, not a charge
for the library or work itself. In particular I thought a lot of the revenue
that Red Hat receives is for support.

Personally I could see some far fetched circumstance in which a media charge
would apply but I'd like to even avoid that if we can. The library itself should
not be charged for.