Re: License Intent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 01:54:41 GMT

FTX and me are not getting along tonite. In the interests of not having words
disappear I am posting this in plain text. Apologies for the dups and cancels.

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
(snip)

In the interests of moving forward I'd like to summarise the changes that
will be made to _License Intent_, and the areas that we think are still open
questions.

Adds/corrections:

* Author grants perpetual license but does not block LDraw from revising as
necessary (as long as open source, free distribution is adhered to)
* License should apply to other "works" not just parts
* Assurance to user that parts will not disappear from the library

Open issues: (some are related to implementation and are so noted)

* Parts migration... require explicit recertification? (implementation?)
* One license or two (implmentation)
* Use prewritten or craft license(s) that match needs exactly? (implementation)

Did I miss any? Miscategorise any?

If these are all the adds/corrections and if I am correct in assigning all
the open issues to implementation, we can revise and repost intent. Please
speak out if you disagree, we seek consensus here where possible, before
moving forward.

(just me again, consulted with several others, but my opinion/feeling only)