  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) Um, I feel a bit foolish, but since Andrew brought it up I guess I should ask. Are there really two different LSCs, a Steering Committee and a Standards Committee? If so, what's the difference? I must've missed that somewhere. Thanks, Don (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) Yes. Unfortunately, the acronym can cause confusion. We should fix that by clearly defining acronyms for each. There is the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) - elected last July and charged with adopting standards and publishing spec (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) Here's the clarification: The LDraw.org Steering Committee (StC) is the controlling group for LDraw as an organization. The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) is charged with maintaining and expanding the LDraw file format. - Orion (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) The LDraw Standards Committee, or LSC, is a special committee, recognised by the bylaws as a special sort of SIG with special processes, that is in charge of developing, codifying, and fostering the growth of the file, naming, coding and other (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)