  Re: New LDraw contest?

(...) I'd be sorta intersted, although I don't really like competitions. I'm more into the animation festivals where everyone makes animations, the best are chosen, then they are all shipped on a DVD/VHS. Bimonthly? I imagine there would be 1 or 2 (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw contest?

(...) I say why not have both. I like Orion's idea of a web contest, its light, low overhead, and let the users decide the winner by voting. It will do well to showcase work and also to stimulate competition with little work output on Orion's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New LDraw contest?

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, James Reynolds wrote: ... (...) ... A bunch of really cool ideas there. The DVD could also serve as an ad for Ldraw where appropriate. Projected onto an enormous wall in Legofests, for instance 8-) As for the yearly (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.animation)

  Re: New LDraw contest?

So what exactly has to happen to get the first LDraw animation contest going? I say give everyone until to the middle of June to submit entires and start voting and announce winners at the end of June. I think that should give everyone enough time. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.animation)

  Re: New LDraw contest?

(...) Sounds good for now. Right now I'm ramping up for the Steering Committee election, I'll revisit this idea after that. -Orion (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.animation)