  Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) I must say I sincerely dislike the rendering options used for MOTM. The distorted perspective caused by having the camera so close makes me want to vote *NO* to all pictures :-( Maybe I'm showing my age, but I see *nothing* cool in this kind (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) The point is to not take the rendering into account. In fact next month I think I'll make the pictures straight from MLCad just to illustrate the fact that this contest is not about the rendering. -Orion (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Yes, maybe it's a good idea to use MLCad straight, but the models look *so* much better when POV:ed, it's a pity not to do it... I think a distant camera with a small angle, giving a nearly isometric view, is best if using POVRay. Of course, (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) Actually I was thinking about using a different rending technique every month. This month it was POV-Ray Jeroen's Radiosity Include. And I lied, next month won't be MLCad straight but LDGLite. Maybe I should post a 3-4 month outlook? -Orion (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests

(...) I've gotta agree here. It's not so much the distortion that's the problem, it's that the viewpoint is so high that you don't get a clear enough view of the sides. It's especially noticeable in (URL) this> shot. What latitude is the camera set (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)