Re: LDraw.org Updates page still WAY out of date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:41:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I don't want to come across wrong here, but given that the new site was
launched a little over a month ago, and given that the parts library is
essentially the core focus of the site, I find it a little strange that the
parts library updates page is still missing the latest two updates.

I can understand that it takes a while to get everything up-to-date, but this
really is your bread and butter.  Without the LDraw parts library, there is
no LDraw.org.  If nothing else, just link to the old version of the page that
has all the updates.  This one here:

<http://www.ldraw.org/OLD/library/updates/>

As far as I'm concerned, that's one of the most important pages on the entire
site, and I don't think it's receiving an appropriate amount of attention.  I
realize that I personally haven't contributed to the site, so maybe I'm
coming across as whining, but I think it's a big mistake not to have the
latest parts updates clearly visible.  The current situation is incredible
confusing to new users, because even after they download the latest update,
they still can't view certain models that only use official parts.

--Travis Cobbs

I wouldn't say "way out of date" is a appropriate label,  it's more like "some
things have fallen through the cracks".

As far as the missing items you have brought up, the issue is known and someone
is assigned to fix it.  Addionally, the complete.exe/complete.zip package is
available for download.

-Orion