Re: The big question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 04:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Leonardo Zide writes:

When I think back about James I don't think he ever planned to get
organized like you do but that was a long time ago and things changed a lot
in 7+ years so maybe today he would want to try to push it forward.

Right. While I don't presume to know what he would do, I see the need for
organizing in order to more effectively develop and promote the hobby. I've
talked with Don Jessiman (his father) several times off and on over the last
couple years since we met in 2001, and he seems to favor the idea of an
organization so LDraw can grow.

What I'm trying to say is like you said, this is a hobby and we all have
different levels of interest/energy, some want to take it more seriously
than others but it's important to focus on how far people want to go

Yes. I think it's important to form the upcoming org in such a way that
people with different levels of interest/energy all have a place. I wouldn't
want the new org to turn anyone off, while at the same time, I wouldn't want
it to stifle someone who is very committed either.

This sounds more negative than what I wanted to say so I'm gonna go back
to lurking.

I don't think it was negative at all. It was an important perspective.
Thanks for posting this :-)

-Tim