Re: MOTM and SOTM winners for July 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 02:10:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Terry Keller writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.cad, Terry Keller writes:

Voting is now up as well.

I only saw one MOTM entry. Is that correct or am I having troubles? I would
think if there was only one entry, it will win... why make us vote in that
case? (although the automated system may not handle that very well I guess)

Hi Larry,

There is only one.  At least that was all I had - there may have been more,
but my email crapped out.

So yes, that one will be a default winner.  I've not given a lot of thought
about what to do when there is only one entry.  Or no entries, for that
matter. Any opinions on that, Lar?

I wouldn't want to have no entries whatsoever. So my thinking is that if
there are not entries, to automatically rollover the previous months entries.

The tough question is if there is only one entry.  Run it by itself? Hold it
until the next month and have no contest for the current month?
Automatically rollover previous months entries and include the one new entry?

All scenarios have some negative aspects.

Yep.

But what is going to happen this month is fine, I guess... I wouldn't change
the rules out from under this month's entry. They win. :-)

Going forward... This may be too complex but perhaps you could roll over
those previous month entries that signaled they were willing to be rolled
(and previous means going back a few months maybe, not just the most recent
previous) whenever there were less than 3 (or maybe 2??) entries.

Dunno.