Re: MLCad extensions in the files on Parts Tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 13:09:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Don Heyse wrote:

Meanwhile, Steve could you switch the parts tracker to
use MLCAD instead of ldglite to generate the image
files?

I do not think it is necessary, since the version of LDGLite
we are using was developed before the MLCAD documentation
was published.

Perhaps, but you and I are not lawyers, and from my viewpoint
intellectual property law is a complete mess right now.  Who
knows what a lawyer might think.

But maybe I should ban all non-Open Source software on
Munin? (but that it would prevent the distribution of LDraw
from the LDraw.org site - something that does not make much
sense)

I agree, that doesn't make much sense.  When the topic came up
on the Mac Ldraw mailing list about porting MLCAD to the Mac,
Michael made a reasonable case why he felt he couldn't let MLCAD
be open source.  Obviously I would prefer open source and I let
everyone know that :^)

Specifications are a different matter entirely.  It makes no
sense to create a restricted specification.

Have fun,

Don