Re: Motorcycle rider shortcut
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:23:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tony Hafner wrote:

In this part:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/30187c02.dat

...Paul Easter refers at one point to BFCing the file.  But there's no BFC
stuff in there.  It appears that the only change here is the title.  Is it
possible that Paul added it but then the name fix submission lacked that update?

Actually, no.  Well, I'm almost completely sure this isn't the case.

The official version of the file does *not* have a BFC statement, and it
was released on 12/1/2001, 5 days *after* Paul submitted his fix.  My
submission, the title change, didn't happen until March 11.

BTW, the history on this file is revealing a bug in the parts tracker -
in the first couple of part updates, the release script didn't remove
the old history files from the database.  So fixes for files released in
2001-01, 2001-02, and (I think) 2001-03 will cause the old history to
"reappear".  I fixed the bug awhile ago, but I never cleared out the old
history files.

Steve