Re: LDraw.org Domain Name Renewal - Donations Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 20:45:57 GMT

Thanks Leo, and Eric.

You both suggested different registrars, even different than the one I was
consdiering, www.dotster.com.

They're very similar in price, so does anyone have experience with more than
one of these and can offer a comparison, or is there a comparison of
registrars online somewhere?  So far we have:

I know nothing about the other providers but just make sure you remain the
owner of the domain (some registrars take ownership).  Also make sure they are
members of OpenSRS.  This makes it easy to transfer domains in the furture and
is a credibility factor when choosing a provider.

Either way get away from Network Solutions.  Their service has been getting
worse and worse and I know that the Pairnic interface at least is 100% that
Network Solutions.

Good Luck,

Eric Kingsley

www.domainmonger.com - $17/yr
www.pairnic.com - $19/yr
www.dotster.com - $15/yr

I'm working out some contact issues with Network Solutions right now (I never
updated a defunct email address, so I had to fax in some documents to verify • my
identity).  We have 15 more days on the past due list for the name, then 10 • more
days till its deactivated.  I want to get this taken care of within 3-5 days
from now, or sooner if possible.

-Tim