Re: Parts Tracker Prototype Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:29:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss wrote:

Besides downloading and releasing, some other things that
could/should be implemented in the prototype are:

1. Basic browser functions: back, forward, address entry.  These
aren't specific to the Parts Tracker, but they would be handy for
getting a better feeling of how to work with the Tracker.

FYI, in case anyone was getting ready to roll up their sleeves and play
with this:  I've added these items to the prototype.  After some more
playtesting, I'll post the new version on the prototype webpage.

4. On-the-fly rendering.  It would be nice if pictures of parts could
be displayed on pages that show information about the part.

If anyone wants to play around with this idea, I think it would be a great
feature.

Steve