 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 597
Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.2b1 New Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 13:17:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Andrew Allan wrote:
   MBC 2.3 is on the development table at present.

So far the emphasis has been on user information
  • missing files are reported
  • fies that have been updated (renamed) are reported
  • the view screen can be exported to a variety of graphic formats
  • text can be in the viewing area (eg the axis is now marked x, y and z)
  • some localisation of languages (Spanish, Russian)
still planned:
  • export of peeron type brick count
  • export of multiple images to make instructions
  • ability to insert and delete .mpd sub-files (not sure about editing yet)
  • ability to recognise where a part is described in a .mpd file has become
under consideration
  • ability to search for missing files on the internet
  • ability to substitute (use) LGEO primitives in POV export files.
  • update to part rotations (its there in skeletal format needs finalising)
If there is more, let me know.

Two quick things spring to mind... One is adding on the Deletion of objects for Powerbook users, right now we need to keep the Fn-key pressed down in order to be able to delete a selected piece. Perhaps you could map the Backspace key as well to the Delete-function...?

And another is when a piece gets selected there is no way to see what color it is... Let me explain: OpenGL sometimes draws a grey piece in the darker grey color or even white, I guess this has to do with the way lighting gets calculated, perhaps you can show this somewhere in the Parts Palette...? Or in another Info window or like proposed before, in a Drawer like structure like Transmit uses...

Greetz, Anton