 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 436
435  |  437
Subject:
MBC 0.61 comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:22:37 GMT

I got tired of writing so I got out my poking stick.

I was looking at my caboose mode. (I am thinking of changing the trucks)
and I noticed that some of the 1x2 bricks had white lines next to them,
the one on the bottom in

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/white-lines.png

but others, the other one in the picture, didn't

When I selected each brick I noticed that the only difference was that
one had been rotated by 180° (-1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1), and the other hadn't
(1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1). So, I rotated the (-1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1) one by
180°, and the white line disappeared

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/no-white-lines.png

For fun, I rotated it by 180 again, white line, and again, no white
line, wait something strange... now part text shows (1 0 0.0001 0 1 0
0.0001 0 1). Each rotation, the value incremented by 0.0001 until the it
should have jumped to 0.0004, then I got (0.9999 0 0.0004 0 1 0 -0.0004
0 0.9999).

All of the 1 and 0.9999 variations regardless of whether the 3rd number
was 0 or 0.000x did not have white lines.
All of the -1 variations did have white lines.

I went through the model, and some of the bricks that had white lines
next to them were (-1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1) bricks, and changing the -1's to
1's fixed the white lines, but with other bricks it was the other way
around. The color of the lines was also somewhat angle dependent.

Actually, after wading through all this crap... the lines around the
brick change from white to gray depending on the angle from which they
are viewed too. But the lines on the surrounding bricks don't change
colors the same way

MBC Carbon starts up 800x600. MBC Classic starts up 1024x768. As they
should according to the read me.

Night,
Chris