 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 290
Re: Ldraw Viewer Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:50:52 GMT

I wasn't clear in the purpose of a pivot point.  If a part has a pivot
point, it would be cool if the user could rotate the part around the pivot
point instead of the part's internal 0,0,0.  In fact, it would be cool to
rotate a part (or group of parts) around any point.  Perhaps crosshairs
showing the center of rotation could appear when a rotation operation begins
or something.

Awhile ago I suggested something about adding pivot points to the current
parts, but I don't think anyone liked the idea because no one wanted to use
the feature.  Oh well.

James