 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 232
Re: L3P like utility for Mac / Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:09:36 GMT

In article <H1qzCn.JJn@lugnet.com>,
"James Reynolds" <james@scl.utah.edu> wrote:

Chris,
I have not been paying attention for a few months, but I am pretty sure that
L3P has not been ported.  I have emailed the developer quite a bit asking
him to do this (or let someone else).  He said it is in the queue.  However,
that was awhile ago.  If more people emailed him about it besides me, that
may give him more of a reason to port or allow it to be ported.

For myself, I have a hard time playing with non-raytraced virtual legos.  So
I haven't actually made any models for about 6 years, but spend my time
bugging developers.

Anyway, I have messed a bit with L3P and Virtual PC.  I wrote an applescript
that "types" the commands into the MS-DOS prompt for multiple dat files.
AppleScript is fairly easy if you don't know it.  I would check it out:

http://www.cc.utah.edu/~jer29950/lego/qtvr/

Enjoy.

James

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
I just discovered that LDGLite will print out all the little bits I need
so that L3P will convert my .dat file[1] into a POV file. This would be
great (well it is great for Windows users) if L3P ran on my PowerBook.
So I searched a bit, but I came up empty. Anyone know of anything out
there?

I guess LDGLite's "F12" feature will help me paste the right command
line into my Virtual PC, but oh to dream....

Chris

1. Should I start calling them .ldr files?

Hey, I'll give it a look. When I was using MLCad, I wrote an
AppleScritpt that alowed me to open a ".dat" file in MLCad from the
Finder. Since the it wasn't a portable scrtipt (I have almost no idea
what I am doing when I write scripts, but I somehow seem to get some
written) I never bothered to put it up anywhere.

By the way, I understand the whole edu thing. This year I am teaching
Gen Chem, Organic Chem, and the Organic Chem lab. I still have plenty to
do before Wednesday, so back to work!

Thanks for the info,
Chris