 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 110
Re: Part files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:49:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
I figured we need a parts file that will work with the 3 different apps:
BrickDraw3D, ldglite (os 8-9), and ldglite (os x).  I got the linux parts to
work with ldglite (os x), so I figured I would test those with BrickDraw3D
and ldglite (os 8-9).

Turns out that the linux parts would freeze ldglite (os 8-9).  Anyone have
any ideas why?  Maybe it is the unix line feeds?  I wouldn't think the files
would have to have resource fork information or creator/type info.

I suspect it's probably because the linux files use lowercase filenames.
In the notes Andrew mentions that it's important to use uppercase folder
names for the OS 8-9 version of ldglite.

  http://homepage.mac.com/ldmc/ldglite/macos8-9/notes.html

I'm not sure why, but I think the old MAC parts distribution from the
days of ldglite 0.5 had uppercase file and folder names.  It would be
nice if things could be fixed so both MAC versions could use the linux
parts distribution.

Linux parts are found here:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux-ldraw-library.tar.gz

I have sent Tim updates for the getting started pages.  All that needs to be
done is to have a parts file to download.  This old problem again...

BTW: anyone thought about how to do updates on the Mac?  I am pretty sure
there is some sort of utility out there that does something like this.
Anyone know what it is?