 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 109
108  |  110
Subject:
Part files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:58:53 GMT

I figured we need a parts file that will work with the 3 different apps:
BrickDraw3D, ldglite (os 8-9), and ldglite (os x).  I got the linux parts to
work with ldglite (os x), so I figured I would test those with BrickDraw3D
and ldglite (os 8-9).

Turns out that the linux parts would freeze ldglite (os 8-9).  Anyone have
any ideas why?  Maybe it is the unix line feeds?  I wouldn't think the files
would have to have resource fork information or creator/type info.

Linux parts are found here:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/linux-ldraw-library.tar.gz

I have sent Tim updates for the getting started pages.  All that needs to be
done is to have a parts file to download.  This old problem again...

BTW: anyone thought about how to do updates on the Mac?  I am pretty sure
there is some sort of utility out there that does something like this.
Anyone know what it is?

James