 CAD / Development / 9602 (-5)
  Possible task for new LDraw author - early baseplates

Hi To some extent the growth of the LDraw parts library is limited by the fact that all the "easy" parts have already been created. This means that many new authors face a steep learning curve if they start with a complex part. But there is one area (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

(...) With the use of a point hash table, it should be possible to do all of the analysis in linear time proprotional to the number of points in the object. So, I guess I disagree with you. Not that it particularly matters, until somebody actually (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!

(...) [snip] (...) OK, so I'm a new guy in the ldraw dev community, but I figured if I don't say something now it'll never get considered. So please go gently on me. I don't know the full protocol you guys use to come up with these standers. But (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: surface normals and vertex normals for OpenGL

I won't argue with your clarification, but I will point out that it would be more difficult for a renderer to perform this feat, particularly one that is designed as a real-time renderer, and therefore presumably has rather serious limitations on (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - Summary please!

(...) The desire was to preserve standard Windows INI file formatting, and each data line in an INI file has the form <key> = <value> (spaces optional). The numbers were suggested as keys, with positive responses from the people that responded. As a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact