 CAD / Development / 9537 (-10)
  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I agree (although I did point something out in a response to Orion's response). Unix (and Unix-like) environments do often use the environment to control things, but they also use dot files. And while it wouldn't make sense to have an (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Well, the ldraw directory itself can be specified in ldraw.ini. And while I agree that filling up the Windows directory is generally a bad thing, you can't have the file be in the LDraw directory if it is the file that specifies where to find (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I agree. I like the ini file solution over the environmet varible (...) I agree that putting the ldraw.ini the LDRAW dir would make much more sense (why it wasn't in the first place is puzzling) but the problem is that the programs the use it (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

I just start a new sub-thread to discuss two very important points where I thought over two nights now: The location of the ini file and environment variables! I would not recommend to go with both solutions, because its source for possible errors (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I think you are being a bit unreasonable. The discussion is about a fundamental functionality of LDraw, which has impact on all programs. Agreement is important to ease the life of the end user: *one* place for setup. We try to accomodate (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.54 Released

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Download it here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

Sorry to be a bit harsh now but whats going on here now is exactly what I ment with overkill in discussions. We discuss about a quite simple small usefull feature - but we also discuss how we can make things complicated and beeing a long process (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Exactly, and you don't look for a part named "\3006.DAT" in the PARTS directory? When you combine the full path to the PARTS directory with the part filename you have to add the "\" yourself, right? So I know you can do it... (...) Ah, but (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) OK. (...) But you don't declare LDRAWDIR as C:\LDraw\, i.e. with a trailing backslash. We also use %WINDIR%\ldraw.ini and not %WINDIR%ldraw.ini. I think most variable substitution in any (script) language uses explicit delimiters in stead of (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I also considered suggesting [LDrawSearch] but I held back and went with the "me too". I do like [LDrawSearch] better though. (...) Sure, but use lowercase ldraw.ini please! I'm too lazy to remember to use the shift key on a case sensitive (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact