 CAD / Development / 9452 (-20)
  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) Disregard the NAME suggestion. I'm brain dead today. -Orion (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) How about NAME? (...) I don't see a problem with this. Steve or Jacob? -Orion (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I won't make any guarantees, but there's a reasonably high probability that I won't even try to support the above, even if it's what the spec says in the end. It's too much of a pain. Additionally, it disallows further expansion of the colour (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) HTML uses # (...) The name should be the characters after the !COLOR keyword and before the next keyword. The only contraint I can think of is that is not be one of the other keywords. (...) ALPHA should apply to the VALUE color and the color (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) I prefer the currently used 0x prefix, but I guess if you picked # to match other file formats in use by ldraw users then I can live with it. I forget, does POV or HTML use # for the hex prefix? (...) No spaces in the name? Alpha-numeric only? (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 81 million points

(...) I forgot to mention. I didn't try fly-through mode, but wouldn't expect it to be very usable at 1 frame per second. --Travis (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 81 million points

(...) My system is a 2.4GHz P4 with 1GB RAM. However, according to the Windows XP task manager, LDView was only using about 125 megs when the model was loaded with normal-res studs. (This compares very favorable with the current LDView release that (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 81 million points

(...) Wow. That must be amazing in fly-thru mode. I'm also curious. What sort of CPU and how much memory do you have, and how much of that was in use by the LDVIEW? (...) I bet you have to get all your display list(s) and vertex arrays into the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bram's LDraw and LEdit Tutorial

(...) I have a copy. Let me know if you still need it and I can email it to you. I still point to the LEDIT portion of this tutorial in the ldglite instructions so I'd like to see this back on the internet somewhere as soon as possible. Don (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bram's LDraw and LEdit Tutorial

(...) Name: ldrawtutorial.zip Size: ~410K -Orion (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) Color codes will be defined in decimal notation and the 24-bit RGB will be in Hex. -Orion (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

(...) RGB is actually 3 numbers - I'd suggest something like RGB(r,g,b) where r g & b can be decimal or hex as per other numbers. ROSCO (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bram's LDraw and LEdit Tutorial

(...) What would the name of the file be and how big is it approx.? Then I can browse through my 6 year old collection of "Download CD's..." :-) Jaco (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  81 million points

I normally don't make posts like this, but I thought the numbers involved deserved a post. Just out of curiosity, I stuck a counter in my development LDView code to count the number of points being drawn. I loaded up the copy I have of town.dat (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

I'll bite. (Note that none of my comments are meant as criticism.) In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote: <SNIP> (...) I personally think the # for hex numbers is a mildly bad idea. The currently accepted way to specify hexidecimal values is to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [LSC] Colour Definition meta-statement

Here's the initial write up for a color definition meta-statement, to be used in ldconfig.ldr and in any model file. The LSC has a couple of outstanding issues with this spec, let's discuss those in follow-up messages. Please respond with any (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Matrix mirroring question

This question is mostly directed a developers that have had to deal with mirroring while processing LDraw files, but I welcome comments from anyone. It seems to me that any model specified with a mirror matrix will be mirrored relative to its parent (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) Save that code! Once an LDraw/POV-Ray library is a going thing (and it looks like that won't take so long), those parts can be submitted there. Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Change to existing policy on embedding POV-Ray code in Official Files

(...) True, but the 'embedded code' is still code we are effectively certifying as being good, whether it works strictly within LDraw, or in other GDL/SDL's. (...) Sorry, we never got around to making the list public. I'll work on that. Steve (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Bram's LDraw and LEdit Tutorial

Attention all, Thinkquest, the site that hosted Bram's LDraw & LEdit Tutorial, recently deleted this tutorial from their archive. Neither Tim nor I had a hard copy of the webpages. While I've contacted Bram asking him if he still has a copy, I'd (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact