 CAD / Development / 9092
    Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest? —Orion Pobursky
   (...) Why not just a library of POV code only parts, ala LGEO/Raves, only compatible with the LDraw.org library? We could host this project on Sourceforge so anyone who was interested could develop. I think if we do it Pov only, LDraw.org is more (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest? —Don Heyse
   (...) Because parts with inline POV code work with the version of L3P that we have now. Why not start by building a library of modified official parts, but with the explicit goal of eventually converting them into POV only parts when L3P or some (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest? —Orion Pobursky
     (...) I asked Lars a while back if he could wrap all the part definitions with IF NDEF statements so that someone could define the parts they wanted in an external include file and the rest would use the standard L3P code. Hopefully when a new (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest? —Tony Hafner
     (...) Now that would rock. For my personal use, this would almost entirely solve the problem. I could whip up a single file that contains all the parts I want to fix, run it through L3P, manually fix the parts in the resulting file, and then include (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest? —Lars C. Hassing
     (...) That's right, Don. Please see (URL) continued: (...) Yes, it will. Tony said: (...) Good initiative! If the file gets too big or unhandy for POV, I will reconsider the L3PARTS mentioned in (URL) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest? —Orion Pobursky
   More this subject... I just registered a project with Soureforge for the purpose of creating a repository of POV include file describing the LDraw parts library. Once I recieve word back that my registration was approved or rejected, I'll post more. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)