 CAD / Development / 9092 (-5)
  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) Why not just a library of POV code only parts, ala LGEO/Raves, only compatible with the LDraw.org library? We could host this project on Sourceforge so anyone who was interested could develop. I think if we do it Pov only, LDraw.org is more (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

(...) Okay... then I'd like to open this up to a question for the community: Is anyone interested in working on a single shared repository of ldraw-compatible parts with inlined POV-Ray code? How many authors out there are comfortable with both (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Inline POV code in official parts?

(...) Yes, it's pretty much still the case. I would really prefer to not have any POV code in the parts library at all. But if there must be some, I think it should stay in the primitive files. (...) I think a better solution is to work on POV (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Inline POV code in official parts?

What's the current plan for POV-Ray code in official parts? I have been out of the loop for a while, but my last understanding was that parts with inline POV-Ray code don't have any chance of getting certified on the parts tracker. Is this still the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Primitive substituion and part reviews

(...) They should not warrant a Hold review. Put comments in the review, and if you think the issue is serious enough, go for a NoVote review. (...) If the pattern allows, it would be good to add a color-matched ring primitive around the outside of (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact