 CAD / Development / 8995
Re: portable version of mklist?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:40:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:

As part of my attempt to add part lookup (finally!) to ldglite
I had to build a portable version of mklist.  I'm not sure what
to do with it, so for now I've put it here.

  http://ldglite.sf.net/mklistp.zip

It builds with gcc on Linux and Windows, and the tweak to the
original source file is small enough that it should still build
with the Borland Turbo C compiler.

Does this version include the -i and -o command line options, to control
the source directory, and output filename?

If it does, and if we could get a fresh DOS compile, I'd like to include
the new version in the next parts update.

It doesn't appear to do anything with -i or -o command line options.
Is there a newer version of the source, or were you asking me to add
that?  I only changed two lines of mklist.c (the rest was done in the
missing include files), so it should be easy to update this if there's
a newer version of mklist.c.  Otherwise I could add -i and -o options
pretty quickly.

A quick check reveals the source I used was from mklist.c v1.2  That's
the one included in the zip file inside ldraw027.exe and complete.exe.
Oddly, I noticed that ldraw027.exe includes the v1.3 executable with
the -i and -o options, but the complete.exe archive overwrites it with
the v1.2 executable, which seems to match the included source files.  So
what happened to the v1.3 source, and why does complete.exe include the
older executable?

Do you really want a DOS compile?  I suppose I could do that with the
djgpp version of the gcc compiler.  The .exe in the mklistp.zip file
is a 32bit windows command line executable.  I thought that might be
more fashionable these days.  (It doesn't make the scroll bar in my
"DOS" window disappear when running on a win2k or XP box).