 CAD / Development / 8963
Re: Idea for an ldraw related program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:22:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Peter Howkins wrote:
Don Heyse wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Peter Howkins wrote:
If I could find some example source of rendering a ldraw
part in 2D I could probably write this myself ... but I'm
very slow at programming personal things [1]. If anyone
else wants to have a crack at it or has any more ideas
go for it.

You could try something like this.

  ldglite -l3 -a1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1 -s2 -Q -i1 -MS973p65.png 973p65.dat

I think that's an example of what what you're looking for, and
it comes with source, which should save you some time.

Oh you star, that looks pretty much like what I need without hacking
the program :-)
I got it to produce a png, (I now know how part of your hard disc is
layed out :-) ), are there any docs for it, I'd like to try to
understand the parameters.

Ah, yes, the missing documentation.  Since ldglite is really just
ldlite made portable with some extensions, I've been pretending that
you can get by with the ldglite documentation here:

  http://ldlite.sourceforge.net/

and supplementing it with my really poor readme.txt file:

  http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/readme.txt

and the LEdit keys documentation here (for LEdit emulation mode):

  http://library.thinkquest.org/20551/keys.html

Someday when I finally release the 1.0 version I'll have to write a
single comprehensive document describing ALL the features of ldglite
so that people can actually use it.

Could you add a 'ldglite -h' or 'ldglite --help' that explained them.

I like that idea.

Is there a way to specify which colour to use for the colourable
bits of a part?

Well, according to the ldlite documentation -Cinteger is supposed to
do it, but apparently since I've never used this feature I didn't
implement it for the L3 parser, so it only works if you remove the
-l3 from the command line.  Oops, gotta fix that!

Don