 CAD / Development / 8962
Re: Idea for an ldraw related program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:38:12 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, Peter Howkins wrote:
If I could find some example source of rendering a ldraw
part in 2D I could probably write this myself ... but I'm
very slow at programming personal things [1]. If anyone
else wants to have a crack at it or has any more ideas
go for it.

You could try something like this.

  ldglite -l3 -a1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1 -s2 -Q -i1 -MS973p65.png 973p65.dat

I think that's an example of what what you're looking for, and
it comes with source, which should save you some time.

Oh you star, that looks pretty much like what I need without hacking
the program :-)
I got it to produce a png, (I now know how part of your hard disc is
layed out :-) ), are there any docs for it, I'd like to try to
understand the parameters. Could you add a 'ldglite -h' or
'ldglite --help' that explained them. Sorry if I seem demanding, i'm
very pleased with the prog, with it I may be able to do something
similar to my program idea without having to write a program :o)
Is there a way to specify which colour to use for the colourable
bits of a part?

Peter (who may soon have more stickers than you can possibly imagine)