 CAD / Development / 8702 (-10)
  LPub extendability

In attempt to flesh out the LPub extension facilities, I thought I'd describe how LPub works. LPub is two parts, a GUI that lets you modify global attributes used when generating building instructions, and the processes to create the building (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) I've tried to outline some of the interface on (URL) think that both topics are relevent now. The protocol is easier to lock down than the extensibility, because that will be forever growing and changing. (...) Is anyone out there interested (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) I'm not sure what the advantage to this would be. The POV rendering already consumes 100% of your computer for hours, if not days. More clients would just make things worse. What you really want is for LPub to do distributed image rendering (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) Thanks for the wonderful suggestion Wayne. (...) I'll go for the language neutral socket solution. (...) I'll only allow one connection though, at least until I reorganize my data. <snip> (...) At first my head started spinning through all (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) I disagree. (...) Yes. I can see the need for the name of the generated file at each post processing step. Did you want a list of *all* the files generated for a given entire model as well? (...) Good. This is the kind of stuff I envisioned (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) That fits you to a T. LOL! ;-) -Tim (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) rofl. I know a few people like that. (...) That sounds like an opinion to me. And it fits my credo: "Never take what's offered. If given the choice between A or B, demand C". Steve (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) Agreed. It does seem a bit silly to spend all this time discussing languages and protocols when we don't even know what LPUB features will be accessed by said languages and protocols. (...) I'm not sure how you can have those doubts when we (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) Don: No matter what stategy is taken, there needs to be a documentation effort to describe what features of LPub are going to be provided for extensibility. This is true irrespective of whether a particular scripting language is selected (e.g. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Embedded language support in LPub

(...) Yeah, but don't define yet another new protocol. Go with a simple protocol that already exists like XML-RPC. (URL) don't much simpler than that. Plus if you look at the implementations page you'll see that tcl, perl, java, and just about (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact