 CAD / Development / 8667
8666  |  8668
Subject:
Another LPub request/suggestion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 16:49:11 GMT

Kevin,

After looking at the seemingly extinct Label Printer program that Gary
Williams had developed a while back, I had the thought for an LPub "plugin"
so to speak.

Wouldn't it be great if LPub could spit out labels for marking storage bins?
If you look at what Label Printer did, it basically looked at the LDraw
parts.lst file, then allowed the user to select which parts they wanted
labels for, and on what size label sheet. It auto-laid out the parts with
the LDraw name of that part.

The downside to this app is that you can't use rendered images, you can
select color of parts, and you can't change the view angle of parts.

Anyway, thought I would pass that idea along to ya. Any interest in taking a
stab at it at some point?

Jake

---
Jake McKee