 CAD / Development / 860
Re: Studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:28:14 GMT

-----Original message-----
From: Laurentino Martins <lau@mail.telepac.pt>
To: lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com <lugnet.cad.dev@lugnet.com>
Date: vrijdag 26 maart 1999 21:33
Subject: Studs

I've been 'testing' the CyberMaster version of the Electric Touch Sensor
in POV-Ray and noticed a few details:

I don't know if the contacts of the studs where yellow in some time in
the past, but nowadays they are silver. Maybe they could should be
changed to color 383?

This is a case of old agreement within our group. At December 10th 1997
Remco Braak wrote:

I believe that all electric contacts are yellow in the "official" LEGO
instructions. I will check this for the pole reverser parts.

It turned out this was the case for all electric contact studs. We decided
to remain compatible and make the contact surfaces on the studs yellow.

I would even suggest the redrawing of the electric studs to include the
inside walls (what about redrawing all studs?). That way they could be
painted silver and more accurately portrait a true transparent electric
stud as in the case of the CyberMaster sensors. This is not only a
detail because the shinny silver metal inside the stud is very visible
to the eye in a real part.

For this single part, a new primitive might be a bit overdone. maybe you can
use the present electric stud and add the interior  with cylinder, disk,
ring and/or rect references. Although I don't have the part, I could help
you with it. If you want me to help, please send me an image of how the
transparent stud should look like.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.