 CAD / Development / 8398
Re: Are Meta-commands case-sensitive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:52:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
I have a question about Meta-commands.  Are meta-commands all supposed to be
case-sensitive?  As an example, is the 0 FILE MPD meta-command case-sensitive?

<snip>

My personal vote would be to say that all MPD meta-commands and all BFC
meta-commands must be presented in all caps in order to be valid.  HOWEVER,
this will only work if the currently existing popular programs are already
coded in a way that enforces this.  Otherwise, we can pretty much guarantee
that files exist that don't use all caps.

I agree.

So here's a question to DAT-related program authors: do you parse
meta-commands (other than "file type") in a case-sensitive fashion, or
case-insensitive?

LPub and LSynth are case sensetive for all meta-command, including MPD's
FILE and NOFILE meta-commands.

Kevin Clague