 CAD / Development / 8395
Re: Are Meta-commands case-sensitive?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Travis Cobbs writes:
I have a question about Meta-commands.  Are meta-commands all supposed to be
case-sensitive?  As an example, is the 0 FILE MPD meta-command case-sensitive?

L3P and L3Lab treat the FILE case-sensitive.

The DAT spec does say that "file type" meta-commands (there seem to be a
bunch of variations of these) should NOT be case-sensitive, so obviously at
least some meta-commands aren't case-sensitive.

I think the "file type" meta-commands are the only ones that have been
defined to NOT be case-sensitive.
And yes, the "syntax" is a mess :-)

My personal vote would be to say that all MPD meta-commands and all BFC
meta-commands must be presented in all caps in order to be valid.

I agree.

So here's a question to DAT-related program authors: do you parse
meta-commands (other than "file type") in a case-sensitive fashion, or
case-insensitive?

I can start the responses:

LDView:
MPD - Case-sensitive
BFC - Unsupported

L3P and L3Lab:
MPD - Case-sensitive
BFC - Case-sensitive
STEP - Case-sensitive
TRANSLATE/ROTATE/SCALE/TRANSFORM - Case-sensitive
"~Moved to " - Case-sensitive (only used to show notice)
"Author:" - Case-sensitive (only used in L3Lab titlebar)
"L3P IFPOV/IFNOTPOV/ELSEPOV/ENDPOV" - Case-sensitive (L3P specific)
file type - Case-insensitive (coming in next version)
/Lars