 CAD / Development / 8368
    Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller? —Tim Courtney
   (...) Someone recently suggested to me a parts updater DLL we could have for download at LDraw.org, to have one standard parts downloader for modeler programs, and so programmers don't have to re-invent the wheel. I know this would apply to Windows (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller? —Jacob Sparre Andersen
     (...) I don't like making "standards" that only work for products from one company. But nothing prevents somebody from implementing a protocol as a DLL for Windows - or as an Open Source library that anybody can use. But first we should agree on a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Download parts automatically with your preferred modeller? —Michael Lachmann
   (...) The easiest way would be a list of updates for example a simple text file containing the package names and date of release. This way an application can check when it last downloaded an update and incrementally load newer updates or even (...) (21 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)