 CAD / Development / 8167
  MPD files in MPD files?

I'm working on one of the most complicated designs I've ever created, made of many sub-models. Some of the sub models are so complicated that they are made of sub-models. For example, I'm working on a pneumatic adding machine. The keyboard is made (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD files in MPD files?

(...) are (...) Though MLCad can't automatically import MPD files, you can use a text editor to copy and past the code from MPD2 into MPD1. However, the program will only view the subfiles of MPD2 as new subfiles of MPD 1 (if that made sense :) To (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD files in MPD files?

(...) Can't they already? Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD files in MPD files?

(...) Based on format discussions Steve and I have had, I don't think there is any limit to how many times you can nest MPD files. I have never tried it out myself, though. -Tim (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD files in MPD files?

(...) Are we talking linking (via Models directory) or importing? Using import, I've used up to 4 levels, and haven't seen any restriction yet. The only downside is that many utilities (eg LDAO tools) can't handle these, but you can get around that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD files in MPD files?

Rosco, Why LDR instead of MPD? For reuse? I want to use MPD because it is very lsynth synthesis friendly. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD files in MPD files?

(...) I just switched because I don't use anything that *requires* MPD, and I thought it was being "phased in" as the new standard... ROSCO (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)