 CAD / Development / 8177
Re: MPD files in MPD files?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:47:58 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Kevin Clague wrote:

How do people feel about making MPDs be able to contain MPD files?

Can't they already?

Based on format discussions Steve and I have had, I don't think there is any
limit to how many times you can nest MPD files. I have never tried it out
myself, though.

Are we talking linking (via Models directory) or importing? Using import,
I've used up to 4 levels, and haven't seen any restriction yet. The only
downside is that many utilities (eg LDAO tools) can't handle these, but you
can get around that by exporting them to separate files, then importing them
back when finished.

I've also switched over to exclusively use LDR files now instead of MPD.

ROSCO