 CAD / Development / 7991
Re: Problem with LDraw-Mode and LDDP Bezier Curve plugin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 17:05:58 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> writes:

Ok, ok!  I admit it.  I am a moron.

I don't believe you!

Yes, I understand the way the direction is calculated.  It's the
magnitude of the vector (velocity) in that direction that I'm
interested in showing with the lines.  In the example I posted the
magnitude is 50 LDU which gives a smooth curve.  If draw it line by
line in LEDIT you'll see the two blue lines don't get all that
close to the middle of the curve.  I suspect the control points
auto-generated by ldraw mode are very close to the center of the
curve, resulting in that unsightly zigzag.  If you could see the
magnitudes of the control point velocity vectors generated by
different lengths, it might be easier to understand the effect of
choosing different lengths.

Ok, fair enough.  I've added the feature to add the "control lines".
Put

    (setq ldraw-bezier-draw-control-lines t)

in your .emacs file, and download the latest source from

    http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/ldraw-mode/ldraw-mode.el

to test it.

Fredrik