 CAD / Development / 7982
7981  |  7983
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: Problem with LDraw-Mode and LDDP Bezier Curve plugin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:42:53 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> writes:

The code Chris donated can optionally display where the interior
control points end up by drawing type 2 lines from the end points
to the subsequent interior points.  This gives a really nice
illustration of how the curve gets shaped, and the 2 extra lines
are easily deleted later.  It might be nice if this could be an
option at in ldraw mode.  Something like (setq
ldraw-bezier-draw-control-lines t).

By the way, I forgot to say that it is rather easy to view the
direction towards the control points, if you want to.  I insert the
coordinated for the end and control points as a comment, e.g.:

0 Bezier, n= 50 l= 130.02 ( 0 -5 0 ) ( 0 -73.09 0 ) ( 0 -73.09 60 ) ( 0 -5 60 )

To view the direction towards the first control point, you would
simply change this into something like this:

2 7   0 -5 0   0 -73.09 0

If you like to do this often, I can agree that adding a function to
optionally insert these "control lines" can be a good idea.

Fredrik