 CAD / Development / 7976
Re: Problem with LDraw-Mode and LDDP Bezier Curve plugin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 09:16:06 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> writes:

Have a look at this rendering:
http://www.pobursky.com/images/8458-1.png

For some reason these flexible axles didn't create right.

This is a very difficult situation to model.  The fact that the end
points are parallell make it difficult.  Since there is little or no
slack for the curve to curve itself in this case, you must make sure
that the length of the curve is not excessive.  You can thus get the
best results by making sure that the length of the curve is as short as
possible.  Try to use something like 339.58946 as the length of the
curve to insert.

If you try to angle the end points slightly towards each other, you will
probably get even better results.  But keep in mind that the curve is
essentially straight in this case, so it's length must not exceed the
distance between the points by a large margin.

Fredrik