 CAD / Development / 7932 (-5)
  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) Works fine now ;o) My tests were far from exhaustive though ! (...) I guess there is no perfect solution: modelling curved parts with some smoothness requires lots of polygons. Fortunately machine power increases! One possibility though would (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) If you are going to go the subpart route, have you considered making an option to subpart the flexible object in a separate file so that seam width shrink is avoided when using L3P (or others) ? -Orion (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Philo, (...) Oop.s I reworked the organization of the code and ended up messing this up. 1.0.0.2 is uploaded now. (...) I understand, but I'm not sure what can be done about this. I used the cross sectional parts that already existed for flexible (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Hi Kevin, It seems you forgot to link in CC3250.DLL... doesn't work on my system. (...) That's the kind of size I got... We must keep in mind that even if the ldraw file is smaller using parts, the number of triangle to render will be the same or (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Philo, Boy, were you right, the triangle synthesis took a 3K file and made a 2M file. Unpalatable. I switched lsynth over to use LDRAW parts for synthesis. Now that 3K file ends up to be 500K, still much larger, but certainly better than before. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact