 CAD / Development / 7931
  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) If you are going to go the subpart route, have you considered making an option to subpart the flexible object in a separate file so that seam width shrink is avoided when using L3P (or others) ? -Orion (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

Orion, I had not thought about this. This is consistant with Steve Bliss' concern about putting out the synthesized parts in a seperate file so that they can be cosidered one part by other LDRAW compatible programs. I can see two issues here. The (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Formalizing a method for handling synthesizable parts

(...) You could always train it to know (and do it in a data file driven way so it's easy to add new types) (...) 2 levels of subfiles perhaps??? one subfile for the part which contains the synthesized part reference (another subfile) as well as (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)