 CAD / Development / 7827 (-10)
  Preview of a new ldraw editor "sort of"

I decided to release a preview on what I'm making so far is called edraw is a new editor for making LDR files with a new system powered by ldglite it uses ldglite's off-screen system so is not real time but I belive it will allow PC's with litle (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

(...) I suppose that's as good a reason as any. Actually It's kinda neat to finally find a compelling reason for the single pass, render as you go, ldlite parser. Pipes are just too cool! On the other hand, the user won't be able to spin the model (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

(...) Hmm. Supplying '--' does make a difference, but only in the error messages I get. :) (...) I was going to poke around with making a utility that would give the user a file polygon-by-polygon, and have them respond with whether the winding was (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

(...) Well I suppose I could say the problem is on the side of the keyboard where your chair is, but that wouldn't be completely true. According to the readme.txt file you need to give ldglite the -- command line option to use stdin. However I'm (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Ldglite sourcing STDIN not working under Windows 2000?

Has anyone gotten the Windows version of ldglite to read from standard input? When I do something like: type \ldraw\parts\3001.dat | ldglite I expect ldglite to render a 2x4 brick. Instead, ldglite reports that it can't find file " ". Anyone have (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Right. There are definitely situations in ldraw parts that won't fit the nice all-polygons-in-a-mesh model. That's why I said that auto-rewind should be an 'option'. Meaning, the user can turn it off. Although for a part to be BFC compliant, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Well, my program does exactly this when it finds the correct winding of one polygon. (...) Well, I remember this thread, where Leonardo said that it created such a program: (URL) It's a long and old thread, so, search for the word "green" two (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) I'm not so sure this is completely true because we allow overlapping and intersecting polygons. In fact, there is nothing which prevents a single polygon face from being partly on the outside and partly on the inside. You can't automagically (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) What would be especially good is if there was an option to test and flip adjacent polygons. Once the winding of one polygon is known, adjacent polygons can be automatically wound correctly. So you click one red polygon, and all the polygons (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) I use LDAO in combination with L3Lab. - Ensure your dat file has a "0 BFC CERTIFY CW" - Set the "stop at cursor" option in the LDAO editor. - Set the mytest6 and autofresh options L3Lab (and leave the BFC option on) - Step through the file in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact