 CAD / Development / 7819
  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) What would be especially good is if there was an option to test and flip adjacent polygons. Once the winding of one polygon is known, adjacent polygons can be automatically wound correctly. So you click one red polygon, and all the polygons (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) I'm not so sure this is completely true because we allow overlapping and intersecting polygons. In fact, there is nothing which prevents a single polygon face from being partly on the outside and partly on the inside. You can't automagically (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Well, my program does exactly this when it finds the correct winding of one polygon. (...) Well, I remember this thread, where Leonardo said that it created such a program: (URL) It's a long and old thread, so, search for the word "green" two (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

(...) Right. There are definitely situations in ldraw parts that won't fit the nice all-polygons-in-a-mesh model. That's why I said that auto-rewind should be an 'option'. Meaning, the user can turn it off. Although for a part to be BFC compliant, (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Detemining Bad Vertex Sequence

Hi, I've created a simple web page with some examples of the output of my program. There you will find the remaining primitives that hadn't been certified yet and all the technic bricks certified with my program. (URL) Steve, could you put them at (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)